For Eco-Solvent, UV & Latex inkjet printing of backlit display
Product Description & Application
NovaSign Eco-solvent Backlit PET 160 (ESB 7037) is a white satin, front print, backlit PET media for eco-solvent UV and latex inkjet printing. It is suitable for indoor & outdoor backlit applications such as shop fascia, bus shelters, scrollers, POP & POS displays and public signages. It is also suitable for Backlit Display Boxes (Static Display) because of its thicker base.
Features & Benefits
- PVC-free, tear resistant PET Backlit Media
- Specially designed light diffusion coating offers uniform backlit property
- Superior whiteness for wide colour gamut and deep rich colours
- Tear resistant and lay flat property for trouble-free mounting and framing
- Scratch-free, tear resistance surface for use in motion displays
- Superior balanced front and backlit properties, which allows prints to be seen clearly in either frontlit or backlit conditions
- Base : PET Film
- Thickness : 160 microns
- Surface Finish : White Satin
- Ink Compatibility : Eco-solvent, Solvent, UV & Latex* based inks
- Ink Limit : Up to 230% with Eco-solvent inks
- Shelf-Life : One year from the date of manufacturing when stored in original packing at 20o-25oC and 50-65% RH (± 5%).
- Availability : 1270 mm x 50 m
- Compatible with original eco-solvent ink from printers of Epson, Mimaki, Roland series.
- Suitable for HP Latex (3rd Generation Printers only e.g. HP Latex 360/330/310 series) inks.
- Also compatibility with original UV inks from printers of HP Nur series, EFI series, Roland series, Mutoh series & Mimaki series.
Note : Pre-test the compatibility of the inks with the media for the design application, before commencing actual production. To achive the best possible print quality, please make sure that the correct ICC profiles and heater settings are used. For further assistance, please contact our HelpDesk.
Durability of Media
- The durability of the printed image is dependent on the fading characteristics of the inks used and the quality of adhesive used in the lamination film.
- Avoid using unbranded inks. Please consult the ink manufacturer and printer manufacturer for technical advice on the suitable inks.
- It is recommended to condition the media in the normal printing environment for 24 hours before printing
- It is recommended to pre-test the compatibility of the inks with the media for design application, before commencing actual production.
- To achieve the best possible print quality, please make sure that the correct ICC profiling, colour calibrations are used. For further assistance, please contact our HelpDesk.
- To get print quality with high depth and vibrant colours we recommend using “Double Strike” print control mode available in Roland's Versa Works RIP.
- ESB 7037 is a PET coated (PVC Free) backlit and would require an external post print electrical fan heater for faster production.
- While printing, care must be taken to modify the print file to suit the ink limit of the media.
- The media should be printed within the specified ink limit.
- To protect from handling abuse and scratches on print, the media should be protected by a cold, pressure sensitive laminate. The laminate must also be pre-tested for compatibility.
- It is recommended to laminate the imaged media after through drying of the ink.
- It is preferred to laminate the prints 8 hrs after printing.
- It is recommended to pre-test the lamination film for suitability for application.
- Recommended for best performance with TechNova NovaSign range of cold lamination film available in Satin and Gloss finish.